USB killer circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

abnorm999

Joined Nov 2, 2016
So I saw a YouTube video of someone using something called a "USB killer" l don't need one, nobody does really but nevertheless I want one anyways.
The concept sounds simple enough, the device is plugged into the USB port of a computer, capacitors are charged, once they reach -100 something volts it discharges to the data lines resulting in computer death.
I could just buy one but then the fun of building it would be lost, that's where I need help. Now I was a car mechanic for many years and I know 12v DC systems, and can read schematics, solder, ect. but that's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm hoping someone here can draw me up some schematics.
I had some ideas: if a system that charges it's self from the USB ports is overly complicated, maybe one that uses batteries to charge and a pushbutton to discharge. Stun gun parts maybe?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You might consider reviewing the User Agreement you are agreeing to when you sign up.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/user-agreement/

Which includes: Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.