Urm 37 v3.2 sonar sensor with arduino

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by james211, Oct 1, 2012.

1. james211

Thread Starter Member

May 29, 2012
    I have a urm37 sonar sensor and an arduino uno with an Ethernet shield. I have found several pieces of code that work well but I cannot seem to find one that works exactly how I want it to.

What I want to happen I the readings from the sonar be published to a Cosm feed so I can monitor and track the readings.

So what I need help with is wiring the sensor properly so it can be used with the Ethernet shield as well as the proper programming. I can provide you with the code I've found to work as well as any specs if you like.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm sure with what I have some simple changes could probably be made to work properly.

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
  3. james211

Thread Starter Member

May 29, 2012
    I've had no problem pushing data to Cosm in the past but for some reason I cannot get this sensor to work properly with Cosm. Ill have to look at the code again and possibly post it.

I've set it up two different ways an have had successful readings and trial runs. The ultimate goal though is to publish to Cosm directly.

4. james211

Thread Starter Member

May 29, 2012
    Ok so here's the issue. The basic cosm code only reads from the analog ports on the arduino. I can't imagine there isn't a way to push digital data though, correct?

Any thoughts?