Urgent!!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Newflickerer, May 26, 2014.

1. Newflickerer

Thread Starter New Member

May 26, 2014
    So, I cant find anywhere on the web how to RESET a logic circuit, any kind of circuit at all. I want to understand, HOW does a relay or capacito RESTARTS a circuit after a positive response from a logic gate? So I have an electronic door and once i put the code, it OPENS, then it closes (RESET) back again, it CANT BE OPEN FOREVER, just right after I put the correct combination. how does it does that with a relay or capacitor or anything else?

any kind of help, even small explanations will be very appreciated, thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome to AAC.

I am assuming you are new to digital logic. Look up the truth table for a set reset flip flop, the most basic reset there is.

When you put a title into a thread, try to make it as descriptive as possible. If you give me the title you would like I can change it on your thread, assuming another moderator doesn't beat me to it.

3. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Like giving explicit degrees of urgency maybe?:p

4. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Here I am just guessing. But the design element you are looking for may be what is named one shot or monostable multivibrator https://www.google.com/search?q=one+shot+monostable+multivibrator With this design element you should be able to hold the door open for x numbers of seconds. Then reset your logic back to the closed door state