Urgent!

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Why not we put this thread in the sticky and every time we see a post with titles like "Help" or "Urgent", we just link it to here. :D

Personally, I never bother with those thread titles.:)

Allen

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Entry number 2 for the thread about long forgotten concepts like, "finger hum". :D
Finger hum? I may be older but I got into the electronics game kind of late in life. You'll have to either give me more to google or openly laugh at my ignorance.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I thought you were in on that joke. :confused: Finger hum is what we used for a signal injector for audio amplifiers before smart phones were invented. I guess you missed that thread (today).

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Well... there hasn't been any activity in this post for more than 12 hrs...
So I take it that our friend has:
  • Solved his problem
  • Doesn't give a tiny rat's ass anymore
  • Is being attended by the electronic paramedics (para-electronicians)
  • Is in ICU
  • Has passed on to a better life
Either way, mission accomplished...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Well... there hasn't been any activity in this post for more than 12 hrs...
So I take it that our friend has:
  • Has passed on to a better life
Ha, ha.

It is kind of an "in" joke, but we called that "discharged to eternal care." You see, the regulatory bean counters used to look at "length of stay" as an important criterion for evaluating hospital performance. As you might not have guessed, the bean counters didn't differentiate between discharge to eternal care and discharge to a happy family. Either type of discharge saved money.

John

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Ha, ha.

It is kind of an "in" joke, but we called that "discharged to eternal care." You see, the regulatory bean counters used to look at "length of stay" as an important criterion for evaluating hospital performance. As you might not have guessed, the bean counters didn't differentiate between discharge to eternal care and discharge to a happy family. Either type of discharge saved money.

John
Reminds me of when I was in College. The Electrical Automation Instructor place a box on a table that every student would have to pass as we entered the Lab. A "Red Button" was on top. I noticed a small metallic center; my suspicions automatically raised; you are correct it involved a capacitor.

Words included on the box; (Danger, do not touch this "Button") :rolleyes:

At the end of the Semester he ask's; how many of you are willing to say they touched the "Red Button?" :p

kv