Urgent Immediate Graduation Project Help Needed

badprogrammer

Joined Jun 18, 2009
Hi All,
I'm consider myself a beginner in the area of matlab and image processing.
I need a function to help me in comparing images with a video. Let me be more clear. I have 2 or 3 images and a video. I read the video with the function "aviread" and get it's frame number and with a for loop, i check every frame in the video. all i want to do, is to check whether if this image i have match any frame in the video or not.
Plz guys, anyone has an answer or a solution to my problem, plz send it to me ASAP. it's really very urgent.
Thnx in Advance.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't have much experience in image processing, but it seems to me if you subtract one image from another you should get pretty close to 0 everywhere if the images are the same. If you take a surface integral of the result squared the closer the integral is to 0 the closer the images are to each other

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I was assuming that they would be the same size. If the fixed image is smaller than the video frame you would need to slide it around inside the larger image looking for a match. This could take prodigious amounts of time and memory. I wouldn't bet on being able to do it in real time. If the fixed image is larger than the videoo frame then you have to slide the video frame around in the fixed image looking for a match. Same problem -- sorry.

BTW I like the image correlation approach mentioned by n9352527, I think it may have some promise.

badprogrammer

Joined Jun 18, 2009
Thanks mate for your quick reply
I know I'm asking too much, but can you be more specific in this correlation subject as i don't have much knowledge of matlab as i mentioned before. If you could provide more specific information about this correlation and and if you have any code that can help me, i would be really very grateful.