Urgent Help -Solenoid and arduino

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Mizs Faa, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizs Faa

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 25, 2015

I am not professional in electronic design and im really need your help. Here I attached my schematic circuit of solenoid and arduino. (I am assume motor as my solenoid since im using expressSCH software; not have solenoid.

What im know is my solenoid is 12V with 4 Watt power. Connect with 5V solenoid and Im using optocoupler to isolate 2 electrical parts. Unfortunately I dont understand how to know the voltage output at mosfet (D,G,S), what is the function of diode? Is the diode to allow reverse-foward bias voltage in this circuit? and I need to know what the suitable decoupling capacitor for my circuit. Im so sorry. I am very low knowledge about electronics. Hope someone can help me.
  2. Picbuster

Dec 2, 2013
    This will never work. solution attached
  3. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    How is this thread any different than the last two about this very same topic?

Besides, the TS is trying to get us to do work that she should be doing as a student. It should have been posted in Homework forum, not either of the two forums she has posted it. So far, her circuit is totally what the members here have fed her...
  4. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.