Urgent Help Please

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by l031991, Feb 12, 2008.

1. l031991

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    i am having difficulty in writing C or assembly language program for 8051.
    Actually i am trying to do is to updats data in real time using serial port communication and i want you to help me in this plz. Instead of displaying data in Hyper terminal of PC, i want to store it in a file and update it in realtime
    Please help me in this
    Thanks

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Where is the problem? Is the problem in writing the code for the 8051, or do you need a custom application to run on the PC under windoze? You really need to articulate your requirements; how can we help you otherwise?

3. chesart1

Jan 23, 2006
    I don't know the exact symptoms of your problem but here are a few hints:

Your software can miss characters on the serial communications port if the processing of each character takes too long. Here are some tips:

1) Make the character processing software as time efficient as possible. Look up the execution time of the relevant instructions in your program. If you are storing the characters in external ram, that could contribute to this problem.

2) If possible, use an interrupt servicing routine to fetch a character and place it in 8151 internal ram. The main program can transfer the characters to the display.

3) In the main program, you may have to directly transfer the characters directly to video ram rather than using some function to display them.

Since I don't know your setup beyond the 8051, it is difficult for me to determine the exact nature of your problem.

John