urgent!!!!! body fat analyzer of using BIA method

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by kflee, Apr 16, 2010.

1. kflee

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    hello everyone.. can u help me to measure current by using PIC 16F8777A?? THE MOST IMPORTANT IS HOW TO BUILD A CIRCUIT TO MEASURE BODY RESISTANCE FOR BIA METHOD???????????????????? i m going to design a device to measure fatness in our body.. by using a formula which including our weight,height,sex(men or women),age as well as resistance in our body.this we call BIOELECTRICAL IMPEDANCE ANALYSIS.. so, it came out to my mind to measure the resistance by using voltage divider.. any of u have done this project??
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    This is not simple resistance - the term "impedance" implies frequency. Searching on the topic finds mentions of using a swept frequency and four electrodes to make such measurements.

The fact that people get subjected to electrical activity means that extreme precautions have to be followed to insure the apparatus is absolutely safe to use. This may be beyond a first-time design.
  3. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    That was strange but for a while ago in this thread http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=32462 a member asked the same question using the same Microchip MCU
    Do you happened to know the honorable Mr. Aimiazri? But by all means you are of course welcome to ask this question. But I do not think you will get any more response than Aimiazri did. As it is a somewhat unusual special field
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    First, you may want to get a can of compressed air to take care of that sticking "?" key.
    As for the body fat monitoring, do you have a way of measuring it without the PIC?

Going off that, you can incorporate the PIC into the design.
  5. bertus

Apr 5, 2008