UPS wiring

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dipankarborah, Aug 17, 2012.

1. dipankarborah

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I have done UPS installation in my home recently. Its a 800 VA UPS .The electrician made its AC input from one existing board. ( board means electric outlet.I am totally novice, please pardon). After couple of days i have another installation in the same room where my UPS is placed. Its my refrigerator & the electrician made another outlet from the existing board.So my old existing board has now two extension outlet.But my problem is after installation of my refrigerator , my UPS is doing not fine, its back up power reduced to 3 hours from earlier 10 hours.My fear is that the electrician who done the installation for my refrigerator is not so good & i think he has made some mistake. Is there any restriction of how many extension one can made from one existing switch board ?

I am trying to describe the situation at my best. :) i will be pleased if someone clear my doubt.Is the 2nd electrician made some mistake during my refrigerator installation which is now hampering my UPS connection ??

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    First check if the fridge is running from the UPS or not. If it is then power cuts will definitely exhausting ur battery.

I think before u were running just light loads. The more loads u add the sooner the battery dies.

3. mrmount

Dec 5, 2007
    800 VA UPS is not big and if you run a refrigerator from it, it won't last long before requiring a recharge.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    The electrician is not to blame. It is the refrigerator that makes the time so short.