upload/download

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
why are they differnte rate? i mean they should be the same rates.

for example, 125 kBps for down then should also be 125 for up. but it's not. why?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I just hear they should be the same but under some circumstances they're not.
i use speedtest and they arenot the same~

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
But uploading/downloading in what situation? to your computer? To your smartphone? to your usb storage device, to your HD? There are many devices to upload/download to and the specific situation you are talking about likely affects receiving a valid specific answer to your question. To receive an answer to your intended question you must ask with clarity and precision.

I was uploading some heavy storage devices to a shelf in my garage and carrying them up the ladder went more slowly than when I downloaded one by dropping it to the floor.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
It all comes down to your Internet provider. Statistics show that domestic users require more download than upload bandwidth. Thus, they weigh your available bandwidth towards download.

Commercial clients can request from the Internet provider more upload, but it comes with higher cost.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I just hear they should be the same but under some circumstances they're not.
i use speedtest and they arenot the same~
I'm thinking ideally they'd be the same, but that would be in a perfect-world situation. In most cases, they are very different. It does not mean there's anything wrong with your computer or internet.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Because Uploading here is downloading there and vice versa. Bandwidth costs money and with todays usage only 0.01% have a need for an upload speed higher the 1Mbps. Mean while D/L speeds will continue to grow. I tested at 11.6 Mbps down and 1.90Mbps up. In otherwords people need high download speeds and use them, very few people use high upload speeds. If they gave out high upload speeds to everyone it would kill the webhosting industry because everyone would host at home, the p2p networks would expode!, and your internet costs would raise 10x. Just be thankful you arent in the 2.3kbps down and 1.25kbps up anymore.