Unobtainable fan. Searched for hours.

Cruiseomatic88

Joined Jun 30, 2014
From my findings they're unobtainable. There might be a member who has experience with them or know what the technical name is. Such as rotary impeller.

If such fans are unobtainable, no one would have them. Then what's the point of searching for them?
Contacted igloo again and spoke to warranty dept. instead. They'll see what they can do but I'm still looking just in case.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
If such fans are unobtainable, no one would have them. Then what's the point of searching for them?
Danny knows how to solve a problem, focus on the letter of the question rather than the intent of the question. Way to go. Done deal! Thanks for solving this Danny. We are apparently done here, you can move on to something else.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

On most (DC) fans there is a spring under the label that holds the spindle.
When you remove the spring, you can pull-off the blade with the magnet and spindle.

Bertus

Cruiseomatic88

Joined Jun 30, 2014
Got the head off. Just a thin plastic C clamp that holds it. Nothing looks burnt or broken. Just a four legged transistor, couple caps and a diode. If igloo doesn't come through on the parts, could I in theory, order the box fan with the same model number and just use the controller from the new one and put it on the X frame and then put the blades since it all comes apart?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The average 12vdc small 2 phase cooling fan has 4 stator coils and a 4 pin IC which also contains a hall sensor, as the IC is usually placed under the rotating P.M. field.
There are Very few components.
On the IC, 2 pins are power, the other two the two pairs of series-ed coils.
Max.

Cruiseomatic88

Joined Jun 30, 2014
The IC must of went then. Apparently, igloo had the fans custom ordered. The cold side fan also has a model number that brings up the wrong fan... If worst case scenario, how can I calculate what size blower fans I can use such as those for servers? Basically, if I can't get the OEM parts, how can I measure to use universal standard fans?

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
The IC must of went then. Apparently, igloo had the fans custom ordered. The cold side fan also has a model number that brings up the wrong fan... If worst case scenario, how can I calculate what size blower fans I can use such as those for servers? Basically, if I can't get the OEM parts, how can I measure to use universal standard fans?
It might be the wrong fan but might work for parts in order to rebuild.
Also did you have to test the fans with a 12v DC source to make sure they are the problem ??

Cruiseomatic88

Joined Jun 30, 2014
Yes. The power is split three way at the incoming connection. But I did pull it apart tonight and test it seperatly. Dead. How can this fan be so hard to find as is? I really hope igloo comes through. What's bad is, the email I received from them states it may take up to a week to get back to me because they have a high volume of inquiries received... That's not good. What happened to igloo being the go to brand for lifelong coolers? I bought this thing in march and its already got a dead part.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes. The power is split three way at the incoming connection. But I did pull it apart tonight and test it seperatly. Dead. How can this fan be so hard to find as is? I really hope igloo comes through. What's bad is, the email I received from them states it may take up to a week to get back to me because they have a high volume of inquiries received... That's not good. What happened to igloo being the go to brand for lifelong coolers? I bought this thing in march and its already got a dead part.
I'm puzzled as to why you think replacement parts should be easy to find and readily available. Planned obsolescence and breakdowns of proprietary parts are how a company can grow revenues. Repair was in vogue when people got paid $2.00/hr, but that era was a long time ago. People are way too expensive for products to be designed with repair in mind. They also void the warranty if you take things apart. Of course if the thing is dead what difference does it make?

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
This may be worth concidering, it a computer fan that's only 25mm thick. I used it to replace a faulty fan on my cooler, 0ne wire (green disregard as its a tacho feed) All it has to do is shift air from the heat sink.FAN.1.JPG FAN.2.JPG FAN.3.JPG

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
What happened to igloo being the go to brand for lifelong coolers?
Yeti, but consumer thermoelectric chillers have never been much more than a novelty. I have one on my desk at work. They're useful where extreme compactness and quiet are important but a refrigerant-based refrigerator can create a much higher thermal difference faster using less energy.

Here's just one example of a line of commercial units.

Last edited:

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Can the blower-blades be removed and simply put on a replacement motor? If so, just order another rdh1225s, swap the blades, and possibly there you go...?

Cruiseomatic88

Joined Jun 30, 2014
But yes, if igloo won't sell the motor like Coleman and koolatron, that's what I'll do. One needs the electronics and the other needs blades. If I could just get two new ones, I'd have spare parts and that would be awesome.