unknown electronic parts

hock

Joined Jan 19, 2010
Hi there.

Im having a problem trying to find out what part this is on main board from a laptop.
the laptop turns on and works but with out this ic the fan dont work and the battery dont charge.i have been reading on the net on other forums and people say its a transistor. i have the number of the part but no results on google or any other pages.
the photo that is attached is the one thats on the mainboard that works but needing another for the repair on the board.
if anyone can help would be great !!!!!!

Part NO. 56LA7

Thank you !!!!

Attachments

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Since it has 4 pins common to ground, my wild guess is that it is a voltage regulator or some sort of transistor. The 4 pins connected to the same ground (which is a large pad) provide some heat-sinking, and as so it seems some kind of power IC.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find nothing on Google, not even the smallest clue. Please, could you upload a detailed photo focused on the surroundings? It might help.

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Could it possibly be
Low voltage low power CMOS current differencing buffered amplifier
That's all my google search found.

hock

Joined Jan 19, 2010
Hi there .

THanks for the reply on this, i have attached more photos.
there should be a database some where with this number.
even if i can use some other ic or method to make it work.
Yes there are 4 legs grounded and the other dont know.
i check the voltage on the two legs on the one`s that are working on the board the the one IC is sitting about 11v and the other ic 10v.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

J

Attachments

HeliEye

Joined Feb 6, 2010
Judging by the size of the pads/tracks I would have thought it was a Mosfet?
I'll have a search for it...

Although not same pt no, this shows why I think it's a Mosfet >> http://www.diodes.com/datasheets/ZXMN2B03E6.pdf
Note the 4x Drain pads & large source pad/tracking with the small gate track, corresponding neatly with your photo.
Tracking a part by the short-code is always a bit tricky.

Steve

Last edited: