uni work

walid123

Joined Jan 2, 2014
If (0v is logic FALSE) and (5v is logic TRUE), design an OR gate. Illustrate your design with a diagram.

Utilising the exact SFU hardware you designed for your answer to question (2)​
above, identify what logical function this hardware will ‘compute’ if (0v = logic​
TRUE) and (5v= logic FALSE).

Need help cant seem to understand how to answer this please someone help me

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Create a truth table that lays out all possible combinations of inputs for a two-input device (4 combinations), replace the 1s with true and the 0s with false. Then in the rightmost column, write the output of the device (e.g.for an OR gate, what happens when both inputs are true?), given the inputs in the same row. Then replace the 0s and 1s with their respective values.

Then, rewrite the truth table without filling in the output. Replace the 0s with true and 1s with false and compute the output. Then replace the 0s and 1s with their respective values.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
wow, how did one even let you in uni without starting a thread title with a capital letter. Oh, and you forgot one of these ' at the end of Uni'.

Last edited by a moderator:

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Look, I understand where you're coming from but there was really no call for that.
Do me a favour, I've smashed my way through breeze blocks to gain entry into university, and as far as I'm concerned I work alongside monkeys and I witness monkeys who appear to have had it the easy way.

It's still making my cogs turn how foreign students who speak English as a second language have wormed their way into the system who can hardly interpret the language!

I've had enough.

Have a nice day.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Do me a favour, I've smashed my way through breeze blocks to gain entry into university, and as far as I'm concerned I work alongside monkeys and I witness monkeys who appear to have had it the easy way.

It's still making my cogs turn how foreign students who speak English as a second language have wormed their way into the system who can hardly interpret the language!

I've had enough.

Have a nice day.
There was no reason to react in such a rude manner though. You're no better than anyone else. Sure, you may have worked harder, or maybe you're more experienced, but that doesn't mean you have the right to be in a uni and they don't. Instead, use your knowledge and experience constructively. Try to help them, not by yelling at them or trying to degrade them, but by politely giving them suggestions of how to improve their spelling, grammar, and questions.

Your kind of attitude will cause you to fail miserably when you get to a professional environment. Heed my words, you're only setting yourself up for trouble with the kind of attitude like "I'm better than everyone else."

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

I've had enough.

Have a nice day.
I second Matt - there is no need to be snippy here. I'm rather proud of people that can use English functionally as a second language (it's better than some which is their first!).

Do me a favour[...]
Which is?

Remember your own logs...

walid123

Joined Jan 2, 2014
wow, how did one even let you in uni without starting a thread title with a capital letter. Oh, and you forgot one of these ' at the end of Uni'.
I ask the same question everyday, but sense they have let me in Uni I have to do my best to pass. if your not going to help don't make my life harder. If English is your first language and you had to go through breeze blocks to get into uni, imagine what I had to do when English is my fifth language.

have a nice day

walid123

Joined Jan 2, 2014
Create a truth table that lays out all possible combinations of inputs for a two-input device (4 combinations), replace the 1s with true and the 0s with false. Then in the rightmost column, write the output of the device (e.g.for an OR gate, what happens when both inputs are true?), given the inputs in the same row. Then replace the 0s and 1s with their respective values.

Then, rewrite the truth table without filling in the output. Replace the 0s with true and 1s with false and compute the output. Then replace the 0s and 1s with their respective values.
Thank you for taking your time to help me I really appreciate it.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I am doing it right hopefully it will work thanks you
Post it when you are done if you want it verified...of course you can do this yourself (which you should)...

You can use these tables to make it organized, just copy the text between the table tags and add your outputs

Positive Logic
a b output
0 0
0 1
1 0
1 1

Negative Logic
a b output
0 0
0 1
1 0
1 1

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Keep this little exercise in mind when you start playing with the subject of "DeMorgan's Theorems". Things might click into place a bit better.

And, BTW, what's a "breeze block"? Never heard the term.