Understand a transceiver operation and use for a project

ord6

Joined Jan 24, 2014
Hello,

For a project I need to connect a transceiver module with an Arduino.

My goal is to calculate the difference in frequency between the transmitted and received signals, using doppler effect, and calculate the speed of an approaching object.

This is the transceiver:
http://dx.com/p/jtron-hb100-10-525g...probe-sensor-green-silver-273520#.UuIqxmT8JFR

I would really appreciate any help understating the module operation, and how can it be connected with Arduino.

If more details are needed I'll be happy to supply.

Thanks.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The description is apparently written by someone whose native language is not English so it's not clear what the output is. You will need to post the English manual for it.

antonv

Joined Nov 27, 2012
I believe this module does all the detecting and calculation for you. You have to find out how it presents the results at its output.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's powered from +5v, approx 2mA average, so I would expect the output to be a logic level digital output hi/lo etc.

That same company makes a lot of small hobby style +5v digital modules.

However regarding the Ord6's question, that is not a "sensor" it is a complete "sensor module" that already does tests and makes decisions if an object is moving.

I really doubt that you can use it for speed measurement, it is a cheap module for alarm systems to detect moving people (similar function to those PIR modules).

ord6

Joined Jan 24, 2014
The description is apparently written by someone whose native language is not English so it's not clear what the output is. You will need to post the English manual for it.
I have attached an image with specs, I hope that's enough because that is all I found.
Thank you.

It's powered from +5v, approx 2mA average, so I would expect the output to be a logic level digital output hi/lo etc.

That same company makes a lot of small hobby style +5v digital modules.

However regarding the Ord6's question, that is not a "sensor" it is a complete "sensor module" that already does tests and makes decisions if an object is moving.

I really doubt that you can use it for speed measurement, it is a cheap module for alarm systems to detect moving people (similar function to those PIR modules).
Are you sure? If so, do you know of another module that will do what I need?
Thanks.

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008