Unable to copy links to images and videos from AAC threads

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by GopherT, Aug 16, 2015.

1. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Is there a reason that the links to images and videos can no longer be copied. All jpg files have some sort of extra digits after when I copy the link and other sites cannot identify the image. For example, I was trying to do an image search of a connector on images.google.com but no luck, google could not identify the link as an image. What gives?

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Invalid suffix? Just change the last 3 characters to the valid characters they should be.
    Too simple?
    I'm on my way to a job. Thinking about carpentry and door locks. :)
    Way more fun to make sawdust!:p

3. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012
  4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

When you click with the right mouse button on the image, there will pop-up a menu.
    In there there will be something like copy image address.
    (this might be a little different in the various browsers, I use qupzilla at the monent).
    With the right mouse button again, you can paste it on an other position like this:
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/image-jpg.90222/

Bertus

5. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012
    Agreed, that copies the address to a database within ACC server, but it is not a jpg file. It is just a path. Note the 90222 at the end. Clipping off that 90222 yields and error (page not found).

I can open the page and view the image within that page but images.google.com cannot find the image file and I cannot use that file as an image file to post onto another forum (since it is not a jpg format file, it is some mystery format only recognized by AAC.

Even in your post, I see it as a link rather than an inline image.

6. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

When you want to use a link and show the image, use the img tags like this:

[img]http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachments/image-jpg.90222/[/img]

This will result in :

[​IMG]

Bertus

7. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    FWIW I find that "copy link location" produces the desired results...

8. GopherT

Nov 23, 2012
    I knew this, it still does not answer the question of why/when the ability to access the image file is not possible (For saving or linking from other sites).

But i cannot save images to my computer for editing, I cannot use the Insert image tool in the tool bar (I have to type the tags), and I cannot point images.google.com to do image searching (as mentioned above, since it is

So, while I can (and could) do all the things HP and Bertus told me I can, I still cannot do the things I want to do. And, my question remains: Why is there no longer a link to the original image file on AAC, it used to be possible to save or link to images on AAC but it is no longer possible (unless I am linking within the AAC site which is not my goal in all cases).

9. tjohnson

Dec 23, 2014
    I don't have a problem with the numbers at the end of the links. I can right-click on an image loaded from such a link to save it. I can also do a Google Image Search for images on AAC by clicking on the camera button at the right of the search box and entering the URL.

10. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    FWIW I've been experiencing a great deal of difficulty with images (residing on AACs server) lately -- perhaps this is a related issue -- especially if (as I understand your OP) it's a relatively new difficulty?

Best regards
    HP

11. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Adding my 2 cents. I can't view PDF files on this site on iOS 8.3 or 8.4. Safari works fine with PDF file on other sites.