ultrasonic motion detector

PANSONNIC

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Can anyone help me on designing a circuit board that will detect motion using an ultra sonic sensor that will detect at a distance off around 15meters. I would also like to put a time delay on, when detection is sensed . I would like to use a PIC16F628 microchip or equivalent and a 555 timer. I have tried to get boards to work but have had no luck. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Pansonnic

PANSONNIC

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Hello,

Thankyou for your quick response.

Would I be able to use a swictching circuit that uses a PIC16F628 microchip and change the switch for a ultrasonic sensor or is there more to it than that?

pansonnic

italo

Joined Nov 20, 2005
A 2 lm555 one is the source running around 37kc pushing a 100 Ω speaker and the other is an lm555 with a speaker 100Ω tied as a one shot to pin 2. I actualy biult this thing ages ago.

PANSONNIC

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Is that using the same PIC16F628 Microchip? What im tring to acheive is :- when the sensor senses movement, it triggers a timer that is programmed using the PIC16F628 microchip. The timer will be set at varied itervals.

Am I going about this in the correct way?

Many thanks

Pansonnic

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The text with the 16f628 says make a pulse on ra1.
The detector will "hear" the reflected signal, the distance is D=170 x t.
You want to "see" 15 meters, the time will be 15/170 max 88 msec.
If you "see" an echo within these 88 msec , there is an object present within range.

Greetings,
Bertus

PANSONNIC

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Thankyou for your time. I will give it another go. hopefully I will get it working this time.
you have been a great help

Many thanks

Pansonnic