Ultra Sonic

gatzrulz

Joined Mar 19, 2008
Hi Frnds,

Am doing MY project on ultrasonic. my application is distance measurement. i have used a 40KHz transducers. am able to generate 40Khz frequency using 555 timer and my problem is to drive the transducer. can anyone help[ me how to drive the transmitter and receiver. Transducers are ZR 40.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you have a schematic of waht you have upto now?
With the schematic we can give some directions.

Greetings,
Bertus

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Without seeing the spec's of your transducers on the datasheet then we are just guessing.

The spec's for the transmitter will say the impedance, the max allowed driving power and the typical driving voltage.
The spec's for the receiver will say the recommended load resistance and the sensitivity.

gatzrulz

Joined Mar 19, 2008
Hello,

Do you have a schematic of waht you have upto now?
With the schematic we can give some directions.

Greetings,
Bertus
here is a schematic.

http://www.ecelab.com/circuit-astable-555.htm

its a normal astable multi vibrator for producing 40 Khz signal. to the output am connecting a TIP 122 to drive the transducer. i couldnt be able to load my actual schematic. it is of bigger file size. the transducer is of 24V type. so will it work directly with the Output of the TIP. or do we have to design a special circuit for driving it.

Thanks in Advance.

gatzrulz

Joined Mar 19, 2008
Thanks,

But am not looking for a transducer and i need to know how to drive the transducer. Mine is of 24V type. i already got two sets of Transducers.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The links to which bertus has directed you have several examples of interface circuits for ultrasonic transmitters. Did you see any that appealed to you?

hgmjr