Ultra-Low-Power RF Receiver-910 MHz RF NB FM

Do_Not_Give_Up

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hey guys,

for a long time I was looking for a system-on-chip solution of a low power rf receiver, capable of receiving data rates of about 100 - 200 kbps.
Sadly I found out, that all these "finished" solutions consume way to much current. Therefore I decided to develope a kind of similar receiver on my own.

And that's the point where I need your help: my idea is to transmit audio wireless over about 1-3 meters range.
The challenge at this is to have a as low as possible consumption of current on the transmitting and especially the receiving end.
My first idea was to digitalize the audio signal by a comparator (with a triangle wave input), transmiting it via OOK/ASK and then receive it with a "improved" envelope detector (ANT => Full-Wave-Rectifier => Infinite Impedance Detector => Demodulation via Comparator/Schmitt-Trigger + Low Pass). My second choice would be a "classic" and analog transmission via AM. At the receiving end
Operating frequency should be in one of the ISM bands (315/433 .. 915 MHz).

Attached to this post you'll find two pictures - one of a circuit I with OOK modulation scheme and one with classic inf. impedance AM receiver (just an example, resistor values will later be calculated/tested!).
My main questions to all of you are:
  • Is it realistic to detect a usable signal with this envisaged "solution" or have you any other suggestions to achieve the lowest power/current consumption possible?
  • Can you give me tips at designing the circuit? (Full-Wave-Rect.-Stage/Preamps ..)
  • Would you include a SAW bandpass filter after the first unity gain infinite impedance input FET to improve interference rejection (=> higher Q for the tank circuit)?
  • Do you have any application examples or other (and better) ideas?
I would be delighted about any suggestions!

Best regards,
Fabian
Fabian,

I likewise am interested in a 910 MHz RF NB FM Analog receiver, but looking for at least 1000 + Feet range in the forest foliage. You indicated your scoured all the finished solutions, power consumption is not my problem, a stand alone "finished solution" is??? What can you share that would fit my project needs from you fast experience of searching?

Thanking you in advance,

fabxy1

Joined Oct 3, 2014
1000 Feet is a quite big range requirement .. I can only help you with solutions in the range of 1 - 250 meters.
If you still want my help, let me know.