UFO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Metalmann, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Metalmann

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 8, 2012
    I hadn't seen one for 60+ years, until Dec. 3, 2013.

Mine was a single orange ball, glowing, but emitting zero rays, slowly rising in the Southwest, around 11:00 PM.
    It was a lot bigger in diameter, so it must have been closer than I first thought.

Here's a video from Australia, of 4 of the same type things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeC0ZX3-80A#t=205

Ever witnessed a UFO?

2. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    No, they had their cloaking device on, but I sensed their presence. :rolleyes: ;)

Metalmann likes this.
  3. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Where these called foo fighters in WWII ?

Metalmann likes this.
  4. Nykolas

Aug 27, 2013
    So this is where the Vril Project machines ended up! E

Metalmann likes this.
  5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    So what do think it was? As you could not identify the "thing" it is by definition an UFO

Metalmann likes this.
  6. adam555

Aug 17, 2013
    Assuming you are in the US, Venus was exactly in the Southwest at 11pm on the 3rd of December.

I'm not saying you didn't see a real UFO; just mentioning it because Venus has been mistaken for an UFO more times than anything else.

Metalmann likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    A single orange ball? What I saw on that video (mentioned in the first post) was a few bright specks. Like, doesn't a UFO have to be larger than a fly poop at 20 paces to qualify?

Metalmann likes this.
  8. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    A single orange ball? Last month I saw at least a dozen or so, flying in rough single file formation. I was completely fascinated as I stopped my car to watch. I am also completely convinced they were paper trash bags with a candle underneath generating heat for lift.

A decade ago I caught some strange objects. Late night, just before dawn, out walking the dog I's see these single glowing dots in the east moving south to north... at about 30-45 degrees above the horizon they would slowly fade out. Saw one or two early evening too... but in the western sky. I suspect satellites.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Metalmann likes this.
  9. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    My kids and i used to do the "dry-cleaning bag with wire gondola and alcohol soaked cotton ball" hot-air balloons right after significant snowfalls.

Very little chance of catching anything on fire with 4 inches of snow on the ground and the clear, cold high-pressure systems that follow a snowfall let them gain altitude quickly and move slowly. Always beautiful in the evenings.

Metalmann likes this.
  10. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008

Maybe I'll sound like a sceptic here, but a mysterious round orange ball could very likely be some weird atmospheric layer effect, reflecting an image of the sun?

Metalmann likes this.
  11. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I have posted before ,I saw a strange light in the Everglades ,when I saw the light

my electric light system went out. The engine was still running ,it was on a narrow

2 lane road. Appox 40 miles to truck stop ,deep canals on both sides of the road.

The light would move from north to south ,I was busy trying to keep the car on the

road ,so I couldn't keep up with the light. But I can see like it was yesterday. I was

leaning out the door at the bottom trying to see the white lines that was wearing away.

Gators have reached out and grabbed humans ,there were plenty of them.

Metalmann likes this.
  12. CVMichael

Aug 3, 2007
    About 20 years ago, I saw 3 (what I believe to be UFOs). It was about 1 AM, summer, the sky was very clear, I could see many stars all over the sky. The UFOs were very far away, if they would not move I would have thought they are stars. They moved in shapes like triangles, circles, etc. made 90 degree turns instatly, following eachother. They were playing with each other, constantly moving. Considering how far they were, they must have been moving very fast. I watched them for about 10 minutes, and then I went to sleep.

Metalmann likes this.
  13. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Being I live in ND half way out in the middle of nowhere plus am down in a valley that is deep and narrow enough to not have light pollution issues from anything I can assure you there is a a lot of odd looking luminous phenomenon that happens all the time that most people never see simply from not having a dark enough and remote enough viewpoint to work from. :cool:

There are way more satellites than most people realize and not all of them follow equatorial orbits either. Many have N - S or even diagonal orbits as seen from the ground. Then on top of that there is a surprising amount of ultra high altitude high speed aircraft as well.

For me seeing what looks like a bright satellite that covers the whole sky from horizon to horizon in 30 seconds is fairly normal. Same with ones that make it part way across and then change to a sweeping arc turning and leaving my point of view going 90 degrees or more to the direction that I saw them originate from.

Metalmann likes this.
  14. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I see UFOs all the time. If I were more of a naturalist I could at least identify some of them.

15. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Here's one that was kinda funny, but not at the time (for these guys).

I'm at the bottom of a cliff night fishing into Long Island sound, facing roughly north (Connecticut). I'm bait casting that night so I'm basically standing on the beach with not much to do. Besides two guys 50 feet down the beach it's deserted.

Well I look up and see this "craft," moving north, triangular in shape, point end forward. I ID it as such as each corner had a bright yellow flashing light that would blink blink blink in turn around the "craft." All I could see was these lights, but it was very high, very large, completely silent, and moving damn fast. Then {the thing} happened and I laughed.

A minute or two this "craft" was well ahead of me over the water when the guys next to me spot it and start yelling and sounding scared from the close encounter, are there more coming, did they see us?

I yell over "hey guys, it's just 3 military jets flying formation. Keep watching and the blink pattern will go crazy," as it soon did since there was no single craft and the rigorous blink blink blink pattern was just coincidence, and would come and go.

Another time on board a 70 foot boat making good time going west off the end of the Island I'm laying in the cabin when the captain doesn't just cut power but throws it into reverse for a fast stop. I hear "oh wow" from outside, go out to see one of our Navy's finest nuclear subs burning neutrons like mad. Nothing but the conning tower and the aft sail visible, the rest was underwater.

Awesome site but over in a flash.

Metalmann likes this.
  16. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    It very ereee to listen to Art Bells old 90's and early 2000's radio programs ,how much of

that was very close to to being real and correct. Every Saturday night you can find him

on the Internet. He covers a wide range of subjects.

Metalmann likes this.
  17. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012

At first, I thought it was one of those lanterns......but we had a wind of 10-15 MPH from the East, and this guy was moving straight up slowly.
    Unless it could defy wind speeds........?

I saw the planet also, but it was small compared to this.

As a kid, I'd camp out in open fields and watch the stars/sky all night. Back then there was zero light pollution. I saw things like stars moving at right angles to each other, slow, stop; then very fast.
    Hadn't seen any other UFOs till the other night.:confused:

Today, people look down, not up.;)

There were no rays emitting from it, but I used my outstretched thumb at arm's length. At the thumb tip, the planet was tiny, a speck,.....but this guy was about as big as a tennis ball. So, it had to be pretty close.
    I think........

18. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012

No, a UFO is self explanatory.:cool: