Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasir_66

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    these are schematics.Plz audioguru redesign receiver ckt. & tell me which transistor# is wrong biased?

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    No schematics are evident, try reposting them.

3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The schematics were saved and were posted as small fuzzy JPG file types. JPG has losses that make the image fuzzy so its numbers cannot be seen.

You should have saved and posted the schematics as a very clear PNG file type and made larger.

The first transistor in the receiver is biased so that it is almost saturated. Also the values for its base bias resistors are too high.

Transistors should not be used as a preamp today, a low noise wide bandwidth opamp should have been used.

4. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    If you still want to use that receiver circuit, I redesigned it for you. It is optimized for a 40kHz piezo ultrasonic transducer. If you want to use a tweeter, it will need an input coupling capacitor.
    It has a lot of gain at the Q2 collector (≈40dB), even with the gain pot set at 10k. With the gain pot set at zero, the gain iis about 70dB. You might need to use a different gain control scheme if the gain is too high.

5. yasir_66

Jun 25, 2009
    ok thnx buddy.yes i have piezo transducer in which metal surface is shorted to gnd.

6. yasir_66

Jun 25, 2009
  7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.