typo

FredB

Joined Nov 2, 2007
In Vol. III, Electrons and "Holes", in the paragraph just above the final, periodic table figure, the third sentence beginning "Though . . ." looks like it should be a part of the previous sentence.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Thanks for the corrections. I not sure I fixed exactly what you were refering to. But I did change the text as a result of your report. Entered at ibiblio.org

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
How long does it take for the corrections to show up at ibiblio.org? If you'd like I can proofread your corrected text.

Dave

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
I wait to post back here until after I have make the corrections at ibiblio.org
Most of the time the changes are available when the change is made. Though, I have to hit refresh in my browser to clear the cache to view the new copy.

Having said that, there are times when the changes are not available for many hours. I have received this feedback from users. I've experienced it too. Though, not for a long time. This seems to confirm what the management at ibiblio says about the web pages being a buffered copy. That is the explanation that they give to account holders experiencing the delay. There is an alternate web path to the more immediate copy; though, I do not what it is.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks for the information Dennis. The only reason I asked was, I was looking at a previous (unrelated) edit that didn't appear to show up at ibiblio.org (it may be updated now).

If you wish me to proofread the edit then feel free to post up the changes here.

Dave