Typo

tone_b

Joined Nov 8, 2009
(1) In the Mathematics for electronics section:

(2) In the "Logarithms for analog circuits link."

(3) In Question 1: "Reveal answer" in the far right of the box you have "LOG10 1000 = 3" going off the right side of the page.

It should say LOG1000 = 3

Also the question right above the answer box is also worded incorrectly. it reads:

10- 3rd power = 1000 (powers and logs are inverse functions) LOG10 = ??? = ???

Should read (powers and logs are inverse functions) LOG1000 = ???

This is in accord with Question #4.

Also you might want to move "Logarithms for analog circuits" to the third spot in the Mathematics for electronics section since there is Logarithmic questions in previous sections without any introductory teaching on the subject.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
This is the section in question:
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/worksheets/loganalog.html
(1) In the Mathematics for electronics section:

(2) In the "Logarithms for analog circuits link."

(3) In Question 1: "Reveal answer" in the far right of the box you have "LOG10 1000 = 3" going off the right side of the page.

It should say LOG1000 = 3

Also the question right above the answer box is also worded incorrectly. it reads:

10- 3rd power = 1000 (powers and logs are inverse functions) LOG10 = ??? = ???

Should read (powers and logs are inverse functions) LOG1000 = ???

This is in accord with Question #4.

Also you might want to move "Logarithms for analog circuits" to the third spot in the Mathematics for electronics section since there is Logarithmic questions in previous sections without any introductory teaching on the subject.

I do not see anything wrong with it. It seems to be a matter of log with vs without the base 10 subscript.

For the record I cannot do anything about any errors we find in the worksheets, as I don't have access to the Socratic Electronics at ibiblio.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I do not see anything wrong with it. It seems to be a matter of log with vs without the base 10 subscript.
I concur, it appears to my eye correct as written.

I agree with this suggestion. Although the order is less of an issue with the worksheets, when compared with the e-book, I think this move makes more sense.

For the record I cannot do anything about any errors we find in the worksheets, as I don't have access to the Socratic Electronics at ibiblio.
Can I ask who is in charge of Socratic at ibiblio, is it still Tony? If so, is it something we should have a word with him about particularly since Socratic is now officially integrated into AAC and as far as we are concerned falls under the same support as the e-book?

Dave

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Dave,

Tony has a seperate directory for the Socratic Electronics project. So, if we ever do find any errors in the worksheets, I guess we need to contact him. His "Industrial Instrumentation" book resides there too.

Dennis

tone_b

Joined Nov 8, 2009
You guys can't see it? It's plain as day.

LOG10 1000 = 3 is wrong

Should read: LOG1000 = 3 (dropping the 10)

Also LOG10 = 1 according to question #4 further down the page.

Last edited: