1. gorgondrak

Thread Starter Member

Nov 17, 2014
    http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_13/2.html

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    The choosing was done in the past, 'were' is correct as it is.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The word "were" is more appropriate IMO.

Phrasing the second part to "the resistors" is probably better grammar.

Your feedback is much more readable. Thanks.

4. gorgondrak

Thread Starter Member

Nov 17, 2014
    If you want to add an apostrophe (the resistor's) it would show possession, but I think the best way to go it to make resistors the singular resistor.

5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Disagree on both tracks, in DAC circuits there are almost always multiple resistors, hence the s. There is also multiple values involved. I'm no English teacher, but that is my take.

6. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    The resistor portion was added after my comment. It makes it hard to follow when you're changing content once the conversation has started.

That said, the resistor wording is off. I would propose:

7. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Tshuck's wording is clear and concise, so I thought of not posting.

In this sentence, resistor is both possessive and plural. So IMHO, the word should be the resistors'. (And yes, I added the the).

8. gorgondrak

Thread Starter Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It's the way the pluran noun and pronoun are back to back that throws me off for some reason as well as the article the itself. Consider the sentences "the cars' wheels" and "the wheels of the cars". The second sentence refers to a plurality of wheels and a plurality of cars while the second sentence can also be a single individual cars wheels, (if it weren't for the apostrophe after the s in cars'). If spoken verbally the second sentence can take the listener in 2 seperate directions. However, I think wording it in such a way that it will have a precise and precisely understandable meaning both verbally and textually will be the best way to go in the long run. tshucks wording fixes the sentence.