Two truths and a lie - thread

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
If you use my full name to search the web all you'll find is a single news article for when me and my mates participated in the Icelandic version of battle of the bands;)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ 12- I am sure there are members that the ability to find your IP address and hack

your computer.We may members that know a lot about us,you never know.

Remember you have to sign up to play.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Hmm, if I were suspicious, I'd say that the lack of a response to my answer to #12's question could have import.
Yes. Loosie is just running his mouth with no ability or even intent to back it up.
That's what I expected and that's the reason I gave him a way to put up or shut up.
I don't think he will do either.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Hey... I ain't here to judge anybody, dude... I'm just collecting information :cool:;) :D
That's what the NSA said.:(

Much like, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.":rolleyes:

I bet it's difficult for you to get any work done with everybody in the area announcing, "five oh".:D
(If you need the reference for that, ask me.)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
That would also apply to 1 & 3 as Qaddafi assumed power the same year as Woodstock.;)
Max.
How old were you then, Max? I made my comclusion convinced that you are much younger than me; 69 now and 24 when calling Tarabulus and Bengazi in 1971.

We had the pleasure to spend 34 days at the anchor between both ports which were relatively small, so they used vessels as floating warehouses. One night, I counted 75 of them in the anchorage something not very apealing in case of really bad weather.

Vessels running out of provisions or fresh water used to leave the anchorage silently, with all lights off, go to Malta to get some and return surreptitiously to not loose their position in the waiting list.

Every morning and afternoon, vessels in channel 16 VHF, calling Tripoli Porto Controllo for berthing news was kind of a sad litany.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
When a British Navy ship came into the port of Tripoli on a visit I used to dread it, we had to open a radio link with them, these guys were used to sending 35+ w.p.m. they used to get a little impatient with the likes of us asking them to slow down to 20.o_O
Max.