Two truths and a lie - thread

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
  • While in Iraq (2003), been fried with 9.6 GHz radiation from radar for 2 weeks and didn't know
  • Enjoy hot and moderately humid weather.
  • Proved professor wrong that it is possible to solder by hand a 36 ga wire to QFP component
  • (extra) Broke wrist and didn't know it for 6 weeks.
That four!:p
Max.

The people who life in the outskirts of your fine town (e.g. my rural dwelling relatives) refer to SLC all the time - St. Louis County.
Clever!;) -- But you have aptly illustrated the downside of 'alphabet salesmanship' (i.e. brevity) -- to wit: the shorter the designatior - the more extraneous 'hits':D:D:D

TTFN
HP:)

Posted from SCC (Not to be confused with a neoplastic condition):p

Last edited:
1-I want to party with Grace Netural.
2-My old man and I pulled over a State Trooper..
3-I am Mr.Robot the hacker..
--Edited for anonymity--

Note: The following assumes your misspelling of Grace Neutral's name is unintentional:

I'm calling #1 as the falsehood --- ???

Rationale: #2 & #3 are too 'obvious' and, hence, by dint of what is quaintly termed 'reverse psychology', probably true.

Granted! - Expression of a desire to 'party with Ms. Neutral' isn't something one hears everyday either - Howbeit it's the 'least weird' (and, hence, in this context, the most 'suspect' of the three)...;););)

TTFN

Last edited:
1.Stayed overnight in Fla. Everglades.
2. Dove off lobster boat in Bermuda Triangle.
3.Met Moderator at Elbo Room.
-- Edited For Anonymity --

I haven't a clue! -- All three statements appear equally plausible -- especially as the term 'moderator' can mean almost anything (up to and including D2O) --- Even had you said 'AAC Moderator' I seem to recall a post to the effect that you had personally met certain members of these fora?...

So here's a 'like' for depriving me of a good 'move' -- à la a chessmaster:cool::cool::cool:

Best regards

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
We had fun with this at an impromptu happy-hour last night with people I spoke to dozens of times on the phone but never met face-to-face.

Here are the rules (modified for a forum).

- Members wishing to post about themselves: Check if there are any active (less than 24-hours-old) descriptions of a member. If not, create a post describing three things about yourself. two true and one lie. The more believable/interesting the items are the better (or, the more outlandish all three might be the better). If there is a recent post by someone, become a commenter until the next day. Members can disclose which is a lie or which is true at any time. No minimum waiting time, no maximum waiting time. They can disclose in 10 minutes or never (I think a few hours is about right). Feel free to delete your original post(s) any time.

- Commenters/Guessers: All members can comment/guess which is a lie or discuss the true statements for 24 hours after a description is posted. Don't be afraid to let this off-topic conversation run off topic. Don't use the QUOTE button or usernames. If a member wants to delete the description of himself, there should be opportunity to make a clean delete without worrying about quoted snips. (I hope an Mod or two can help us keep this clean if needed).

If nobody else goes in the next few hours, I will start.
I helped put HAARP together
I was born in Alaska
I have over 100 articles published in QST

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
--Edited for anonymity--

Note: The following assumes your misspelling of Grace Neutral's name is unintentional:

I'm calling #1 as the falsehood --- ???

Rationale: #2 & #3 are too 'obvious' and, hence, by dint of what is quaintly termed 'reverse psychology', probably true.

Granted! - Expression of a desire to 'party with Ms. Neutral' isn't something one hears everyday either - Howbeit it's the 'least weird' (and, hence, in this context, the most 'suspect' of the three)...;););)

TTFN
Sorry about the missing spelling ..The correct answer was #3 as USA tv created the tv series Mr.Robot.. I would love to party with Ms.Neutral in london which I know she looks little different for some but I like the life style but don't have any tattoo lol..

Ms.Neutral

Attachments

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Dang, quite an accomplishment, even if only one of these is true (not looking at #2)
..makes me feel so underachieved..
I just happened to always be in the right place at the right time. They say if you have the right job, you'll never work a day in your life. That's been pretty much my experience. :)

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
  • I've met Doctor "Papa Flash" Edgarton and built one of his stroboscopic circuits
  • Worked for Disney in the Animatronic Division
  • Written interpreters/ simulators for computer languages

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
  • I've met Doctor "Papa Flash" Edgarton and built one of his stroboscopic circuits
  • Worked for Disney in the Animatronic Division
  • Written interpreters/ simulators for computer languages
I'll say the Disney claim is the lie. My reasoning, if you worked there, you would have been in the habit of calling your employer a , "subsidiary", instread of "division". And you would of said, "Imangineering" - way better story than an engineer.

Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc.

image.jpg