Two stages for induction heating for aluminium

Felipe Paulo

Joined Aug 3, 2015
Hello guys.
I want make a induction heating for aluminium, but I have a problem. The jack can supply just 10A.
I think in do a flyback to reduce the tension to 5V and after put this current in the induction coil. I guess that a can put in input 220vx5A and output more or less 5Vx200A.
This is basically circuit is below. will It works?

Attachments

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Felipe, still working on this? I got a look at your circuit. Not sure why you have the bridge rectifier on the 220 vac side, since I think you need to feed AC directly into the transformer. Maybe you want to create a 220 vdc at the top of the transformer, and use your control circuit to switch it at some other frequency besides 50 Hz. OK, that could work, but be aware that you're not switching 220 vdc, your peak dc voltage will be 220 * 1.414, or approximately 311 vdc. That's because vac is usually specified in volts rms. Plus with voltage spikes coming from the transformer, you should plan on switching close to 450-500 volts. Things are getting expensive.

Be advised you're working with voltage and current levels that can kill you. Be very careful.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
@sailorjoe the bridge rectifier is there because the circuit is a flyback (boost) DC-to-DC converter.

For that kind of power, a push-pull forward converter would probably be more efficient in terms of power and volume efficiency. You could get by with a smaller cores and the higher voltage out of the transformer would lessen the diode losses as a percentage of input power, which would be significant on a 5 volt power supply.

Consider using MOSFETs as synchronous rectifiers to further reduce diode losses on the secondary.

Having tried to offer some ideas, I have to ask why 5 volts? Those 200 amps would be very difficult to manage.