two good news

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
hello, guys.
long time not come here, do you remember me?
two good news to share

BOSS and HR had meeting yesterday, told me I get pronotion, . but I just feel so peace,not very happy.Am I not normal?

second. we will have 7 days holidy.10.1--10.7.
I will go home town to see my parents, that let me excited :)

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
and it doesn't change when the promotion comes through, you still have to do yourself :)

congrats on the promotion

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Congrats!

An old saying,

People get promoted to their level of incompetence, then stay there.

I hope you get many more promotions.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
That makes it self limiting. Know when to turn down the next promotion.
I did that 30 years ago and never regretted it.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I read from another forum that said "A good engineer was promoted and became a BAD manager". Knowing when to turn down a promotion is always a wise move.

Allen

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Great to see you Happy! Congratulations on the promotion, and I hope you have a very pleasant trip to see your parents!

Best wishes,
Matt

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I read from another forum that said "A good engineer was promoted and became a BAD manager". Knowing when to turn down a promotion is always a wise move.

Allen
Yes, that is what almost happened to me. I was offered a promotion? to a manager's position but I turned it down. I would have made a lousy manager but preferred to remain a good engineer, I think.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Congratulations, happyganl! I hope you wanted this promotion, otherwise, as the other guys say, it might not be for the best.

Best wishes to your family!

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Congratulations, happyganl! I hope you wanted this promotion, otherwise, as the other guys say, it might not be for the best.

Best wishes to your family!
:D yes , it is not bad thing though. I am not engineer for several years. I work in Purchase Department now. thank you

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
Yes, that is what almost happened to me. I was offered a promotion? to a manager's position but I turned it down. I would have made a lousy manager but preferred to remain a good engineer, I think.
I am a lousy engieer. Doing technical job let me down. I quited this field for maybe 4+years,except this ,I feel good to current company. So I do other job without change job