tv volume

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by charanbandi, Dec 20, 2012.

1. charanbandi

Thread Starter New Member

May 17, 2012
    I got a silly problem.!Tv that I m using now is giving a louder volume even with a single point volume rise....Is there anyway to resolve this problem..?Tv is videocon

And also I wish to how could I make use of my p.c speakers for tv..?I mean is there any practical way available for making amplifiers..I am UG student I want to solve these on my own ofcourse with your help....!! Help me out these.....??

2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Isn't that what you'd expect from pushing Vol+?

3. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Are you saying that the minimum volume increment from the volume control is too large, i.e. it goes from too soft to too loud with the minimum step? That can be a problem for digital type volume controls if the electronics are not properly designed.

4. charanbandi

May 17, 2012
    Yes but the problem is from zero volume with single point volume ,volume is enormously increasing.. my question is ...is Der any way to control it...?

5. charanbandi

May 17, 2012
    Tq sir ... Is Der any possible manipulations that we can do??

6. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Simplest solutions would be:

Run a 10 ohm resistor across each speaker (Requires removing chassis and some soldering). You might run into some clipping when you do want it louder but I doubt it if the power is so high from the beginning.

Or - Connect the audio output jacks to a stereo receiver/amplifier and control the volume with the receiver.

You may also have some options in the set-up to adjust audio (dynamic, normal, night, ...). Try something different.

7. charanbandi

May 17, 2012
    Is there any source for learning the functioning of stereo speakers and amplifiers and volume controlling...???

8. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
  9. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Does your volume increase step-wise, without more interaction from you, after the button is pressed, or jump directly to loud?

10. charanbandi

May 17, 2012
    Jump directly to loud...

11. JingleJoe

Jul 23, 2011
    In this situation I may consider using an external amplifier/attenuator. I assume your TV has audio output sockets? You could conect the attenuator/amplifier to them, then a speaker amplifier, then connect that to your PC speakers however most PC speakers have a speaker amplifier built in.

12. charanbandi

May 17, 2012
    Yes thanks for the info. I m planning on that..
    I just have another small doubt.. what if pc's speakers doesn't have in built amplifiers?
    Could we get those in market?

13. JingleJoe

Jul 23, 2011
    You'll know if your speakers don't have a built in amplifier, do they have thier own power supply? if so, that power supply is supplying power to an amplifier :) if that is the case, they may have thier own volume control? and that may be sufficient for everything you want to do.