TV lift issues

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
No, it's failing to go down when he turns off the TV with the TV remote. A small residual power draw by the TV is apparently enough to fool it.

Since all modern TVs draw a small amount of power (so they can respond to a remote), it seems like either a problem with the lift or a problem with the TV where it is drawing far more when "off" than it should. Could a Kil-o-Watt resolve that question?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The way I understand it, is that the lift is going down when the TV is still on. Maybe I got it wrong. The OP is a bit confusing to me.
From the first posts, the TV starts down. Then comes up when turned on. Then stays up when turned off. The TV goes down when unplugged.

There is too much hysteresis on the off cycle.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The way I understand it, is that the lift is going down when the TV is still on. Maybe I got it wrong. The OP is a bit confusing to me.
I'm going by his statement "There must be a low current flowing through the TV, because when the TV is turn off, the lift is thinking the TV is still on, and will not go down."

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm going by his statement "There must be a low current flowing through the TV, because when the TV is turn off, the lift is thinking the TV is still on, and will not go down."

I should have focused on that one sentence instead I was trying to digest the whole thing. :confused: Ok sorry for the confusion then. My fault. My idea won't work.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
On my power strip there is a sensitivity switch. I know the OP said there was no adjustment but maybe the OP was thinking of a knob. I say keep looking and look for a switch too.