TV Inverter Diagnoses HELP!

mark1992

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Hello Everyone Hope Im In The Right Area, I Need Advice On Diagnoses On My Tv, I Am Technical Minded With Electrics ECT To A Certian Point, But With My Tv Its Confusing Me A Little Weither Im Correct Or Not, Tv Powers Up Fine Without Any Source Input Screen Is Normal Lights Up Colour Is Correct When It Has A DVD Player, PC Connected To It, The Display Breaks Down But When You Press Menu That Menu Colour Is Normal But The Background Source Looks Like A Rainbow, Which Makes Me Say A Inverter But Im Thinking Its More Likely The Main Board Thats Breaking Down Under Load?
Any Ideas Would Be Very Helpful.

Kind Regards
Mark

mark1992

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Hello Its A Technika 37-700 i will take picure later, when tv is turned on, it appears fine, when a input source is in, the picture that is displayed becomes inverted, the orginal colour being displayed should be black and the colour displayed is green, Its Not The Dvd Player As It Works Normal On Another Display Via same connection, while its displaying the wrong colours, if you press menu on tv remote the tv menu colour is correct, but input colour is wrong. ive had a quick look at the main board for blown caps ect but they appear normal.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
chances are its a simple fix,post pictures of the set with your dvd player connected-is the dvd set for composite video op or rgb?are you using a scart lead for your connection?the fact that the menu screen is displayed properly rules out your inverter,no inverter no display.settings could be wrong in service mode however-what sort of off air pictures have you got?