TV head phone amp / attenuator circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by sparksanarks, Nov 22, 2010.

1. sparksanarks

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    My father is not able to hear the television well so he just sits there and cannot follow the program very well. I'm looking for a circuit or device that will allow him to listen through headphones independently of the sound coming from the television speakers. With volume control up and down and in stereo. Does any one know of something like this. Thanks Tim

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Some years ago I got a pair of wireless headphones for the TV. I can't find them at radio Shack (or on their site at least) but here is some information - http://www.wireless-headphones.net/

3. sparksanarks

Nov 22, 2010
    I thought about that but the tuning pot that may be there would confuse him . I have a set of JVC wireless headphones . I 'm looking for something very simple like one knob on a box. Thanks for your reply any way. Tim

4. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    Is there any other audio output in the television? If not you would probably have to tap off the televisions speakers and pass that through a small amp with a volume control to the headphones.

5. sparksanarks

Nov 22, 2010
    Yeah ,, there are audio out jacks. The amplifier circuit is what I'm looking for. And like with one pot for volume. If it gets much more complicated than that he will get it out of wack and not use it.

6. sparksanarks

Nov 22, 2010
    10 4 on the Moodys

7. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Please speak in English.