tv channel frequencies

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I have a radio, its manual is in Chinese language, that has a frequency of televisions.

It has 1CH, 2CH, 3CH, 4CH & 5CH.

What does this channel means? I mean, I can hear the television's audio through my radio?

I also looked up at Television channel frequencies and found out there are four categories in a channel, the lower edge, video carrier, audio carrier & upper edge.

I do not know what are those categories but I think the video carrier is the frequency of the video of a tv network and audio carrier is the frequency of audio of network. for the lower and upper edge, i do not know those.

Anyway, ok. let's say my guess is correct.

Here's the Channel 7 frequencies
lower edge-174 Mhz
video carrier-175.25 Mhz
audio carrier-174.31 Mhz
upper edge-179.75 Mhz

let's say i want to listen to channel 7, then i will turn the frequency (of the radio) to 174.31 Mhz.

will it work?

i know the highest frequency of radio is 108.0 or sometin, but if ever it is negligible, may I listen?

thnx

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
All our broadcasted TV channels are digital now.
When they were analog then the sound carrier of channel 6 could be heard on an ordinary 88MHz to 108MHz FM radio because its frequency was 87.5MHz or near it.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Thank you AudioGuru,

But I think Philippines television is not yet digitalized, they were just trying.

anyway thnx AudioGuru. that's why theres no channel 6 hrere in PH in local tv