TV-B Gone using PIC18/16

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ecjohnny, Mar 5, 2011.

1. ecjohnny

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jul 16, 2005
    i was trying to find some mcu project and i stumbled upon this TV-B-Gone project from http://www.instructables.com/id/350-DIY-TV-B-Gone-Mico/ .

i am thinking if i can use PIC16/18 chip to make one of this. Is is possible to rebuild program code(for AVR) into PIC? Because i think both AVR and PIC are MCU and maybe i can build that with PIC 16/18 which i already have before considering buying the AVR parts.

Anyway i downloaded the program file (in C) for that, can i just program it in PIC 18/16 chip which has 8kbyte (i found out the code is 8kbyte size?).

Any help will be appreciated.

2. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    First of all you need to know a lot about mcu....
    Offcourse you can.

Yes,but not that way you are thinking.You just cant put the AVR's code to PIC just because of the memory and program size matches,you need to rewrite the program for PIC and compile it for PIC, offcourse the structure and logic (almost most) could be taken from AVR's code.

Every mcu is different from each other ,they understand their own native language we call it machine instruction or OP code.So they differ and size of the code and memory doesnt makes two mcu alike.

Good luck