Turn off geotagging!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by strantor, Mar 30, 2012.

1. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
  2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    I know ICS comes with geotagging off for default. So I guess they heard the cries.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It is unbelievable the info hidden in files though, isn't it? It is true of almost all files made by MicroSoft nowdays. So I have to wonder, was this a bright idea of a 3rd party vendor, or M/S?

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    It was invented by google I beleive. Geotagging is actually old just now people are learning about it. Its actually a really good service if your not a spy, or drug dealer. The purpose with android, google, and geotaging is to assemble pictures of almost every place on earth surpassing google streetveiw. That way when you take a pic at the grand canyon with geotagging on. It then automatically uploads your pics to Google+ which them list your picture at the grand canyon. Thats the way its supposed to work. But actually people are taking nudey pics of their girlfriends and wives and its posting to their accounts. I had one friend a couple years ago take a picture of is medical plants. Low and behold the idiot had geotagging on. So everyone would know exactly where his "medicine" is grown. Thankfully he was in that place called California.