Trying to make DLP Bulb Tester

electronicsurplus

Joined Dec 28, 2013
I am attempting to put together a DLP Television Bulb Tester using a DLP TV Ballast

Does anyone know what voltages I might need to supply and the wiring for the ballast

Any Help would be appreciated

Thank you

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
nononononoNOOOOOOOO-unless you know exactly what you are doing you are going to run into major problems-my test setup is from an old toshiba rear screen which i have slightly modified the ht section and added the required connectors to attach my lamps for test-it gives me a go no go check on the lamp-all the info for doing this i have obtained from the relevant service manual-
as a rule you can generally tell if the lamp is faulty just by the look of it and if it rattles when you shake it-most of the failures with the lamp driver are repairable if you follow the info in the relevant service manual.Depending on the failure sometimes though replacement of the whole assy plus lamp may be the way to go.....there are very dangerous voltages present which will give you a nasty shock if you are not careful-what is wrong with your unit.......make and model required