trying to find inputs for this audio processor chip

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
what if i connect the cd changer but cut the right,left and GND pins from inside the stereo and solder the headphone cable there?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If you have the changer that should work. Although I would rather do it on the cable going to the changer, it will be easier than modifying the inside of the radio.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The Best Solution is if u don't use the CD changer, to use it's Audio inputs.

So Assemble the set and I will Explain how u shud go abt it, since we have photo's this can be easy.

Try to get Ur hands on an good Quality Audio cable the has a jack tht could connect to Ur MP3 player or whatever that u are trying to connect.

Show the cable. I'll tell u where to connect

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
The Best Solution is if u don't use the CD changer, to use it's Audio inputs.

So Assemble the set and I will Explain how u shud go abt it, since we have photo's this can be easy.

Try to get Ur hands on an good Quality Audio cable the has a jack tht could connect to Ur MP3 player or whatever that u are trying to connect.

Show the cable. I'll tell u where to connect
here's a pic of the cable: http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5677/cimg0155d.jpg

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Is the ground sheilding completely woven around the inner conductor. If not U will have ignition interference.

U cannot use head phone cables. they are not woven, atleast not most of them

Try better quality ones. Flexible ones. Otherwise u might have to renew them from time to time.

I gtg out, be back in an hr or so

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
Is the ground sheilding completely woven around the inner conductor. If not U will have ignition interference.

U cannot use head phone cables. they are not woven, atleast not most of them

Try better quality ones. Flexible ones. Otherwise u might have to renew them from time to time.

I gtg out, be back in an hr or so
the ground is not woven around the conductor, but just sitting parallel to it...i think

edit: i asked some guy (who is an audiophile) and he said in practice there is no difference between woven cable and parallel...

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
i asked some guy (who is an audiophile) and he said in practice there is no difference between woven cable and parallel...
Tell him to get his fact straight, and not to brag about things he clearly has no idea on.

U will pickup interference if u do not use Proper shielding in cable tht carry low level audio. Period.
I have done this work in plenty of cars. I have had plenty of experience concerning different audio grade audio cables

U will have to do double work, this I guarantee

U need to tell me how the unit respond when u switch to CD mode without the changer unit.
Does show CD changer error of any sort?

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
U need to tell me how the unit respond when u switch to CD mode without the changer unit.
Does show CD changer error of any sort?
I'm gonna do it in a bit and report back.

So should i rip the jacket off of the cable and spin the ground(copper cable) around the conductor cables(green and red) ?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I need to make sure how the stereo responds to disconnected CD changer when switched to CD mode.

If the stereo does not respond then it is most likely that the stereo will mute the CD audio Inputs.

Study how the stereo responds first connect the changer and switch on to CD mode. See the display changes.
Next power down and disconnect the changer and see the difference.

Briefly explain to me how the stereo behaves

One more thing, don't get too jumpy to splice the cables. I like to get this done on the first try

{ed}
Is this CD unit with the Stereo or back of the car

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It is to much loose ends here. And then you start cutting it may be no way back. From your postings you seams to be some kind of unexperienced. Which we all have been some time. If you are the user Rambo on http://www.redliners.ca/, and your stereo do have a tape deck. I think it would be much more simple to hack into the tape deck player head connection. And that can be done without cutting in the wire harness. Cutting in the wrie harness should be your last resort. But your tape deck will not be able to tapes again. But who will care ;).
So my advice to you is not to rush ahead. Like you seam to do now. You may end up with a original stereo unit not working. I am not new in this game. So trust me on this one .

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Jumping in to cassette head won't help, he has to find the head pre-amp out puts and connect there. Which is rather difficult then this approach.

I am trying to avoid unwanted cuttings and splicing.

One more thing I lie to know is tht does the stereo has a navigation mode.
Can u show me the front display

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
so i connected the cd changer and turned it on, it played the cd that was in it.
then i turned the stereo off.
disconnected the cd changer.
turned on the stereo
display said "CD EEE"
I looked up the error in car manual and it said "misconnection or disconnection of CD changer"

The CD changer is an independent unit. It is not attached to the car or the stereo.

here's a pic of the front panel: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5020/photowe.jpg

btw, that's the cd changer under the stereo

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
so i connected the cd changer and turned it on, it played the cd that was in it.
then i turned the stereo off.
disconnected the cd changer.
turned on the stereo
display said "CD EEE"
I looked up the error in car manual and it said "misconnection or disconnection of CD changer"

The CD changer is an independent unit. It is not attached to the car or the stereo.

here's a pic of the front panel: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5020/photowe.jpg

btw, that's the cd changer under the stereo
Your CD changer has both anolg and digital communication with radio unit. So if you disconnect the CD unit. You will not be able to select CD changer as input unit. It is that simple. It could be as simple as pin that get a high or low level. If a CD unit is onboard. Or worse it is built in the digital communication process between the CD unit and the main audio unit.
By the way is your model a V6 version.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Urs has Serial communication Bus.

What about navigation?

Whoops..an old one.

How about putting a headphone jack to the CD unit front
This way u won't have wires hanging. or coming out.
And also u can utilize power for the MP3 Player

Better yet, use the cassette front to mount the jack connectors, this way is easier

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Did u understand my point.
I can show u were to wire Audio jumpers that can tap into cassette head preamp.

This way. U have the mechanism removed.
Mount phone jacks to the lid, and use an Audio ready made phono to phono cable plugged in, select tape mode and play when ever u want.