Trusted Member Doing At Home Work

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Doing a survey for having a member to do at home work or projects.

A survey about having a trusted member to do at home work for you.

Can you think of anything that you would have done,this is question.

I am not asking for myself, i'm asking to survey about any at home

needs you may have. Think about your needs or service that may

help you.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Here you go Loosie:

Doing a survey for having a member to do at home work or projects.

A survey about having a trusted member to do at home work for you.

Can you think of anything that you would have done,this is question.

I am not asking for myself, i'm asking to survey about any at home

needs you may have. Think about your needs or service that may

help you.
P.S. Your inbox is full and is not accepting any more PMs. Any chance you could clean it out a bit? Thanks :D

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I really dropped the key board,and it don't work so good now.

@ treg,any good advise for anyone,on working at home.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
Joey makes a good point, distractions make it difficult.

I work at home occasionally doing my paperwork and it isn't easy and it's probably more so with young children.

If you're going to work from home you have to be disciplined and have an area free from distractions. A shed at the bottom of the garden would probably work?

What sort of home working are we talking about here?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Oh...and the best way to earn a night sleeping on the sofa is to lock your home office door and insist that your wife makes an appointment to nag you about taking out the trash!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Say you have curcuit boards that need parts replaced or repaired and you are busy.

You ups them to a member that will do the repairs and send them back.

maybe a member could make boards to your spec's. you have to be a busy man

to do this.You could have a new member that needs help. Think about it.

How it could work for you. I am not asking for myself.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
This is something I think about constantly. I have not only the perfect space for a home office, but I also have the perfect lab space, about 1000 square feet. Almost everywhere I've worked needs more lab space. Although I haven't done a detailed analysis, I believe I would make the effort financially viable by renting needed equipment on a short term basis. Problem is, I've spent my life learning how to make things work, and not how to build business relationships. I'm more of a prototypical engineer, I lock myself away from people to do my work. Works for engineering, but not so much for business.

One interesting pattern is engineering firms are contracting out more development and design work these days. Economics dictate that many firms cannot keep full time staff, so many engineering service companies are springing up. Not only foreign firms, but many domestic ones as well. I've interviewed with a few of these firms, and it seems they have grown rapidly and outgrew the home office. By the time they are hiring, they are just another corporation, so they are offering just another button down job. If you want to stay home ( as I do ) you have to walk a tightrope between growing too fast, and growing fast enough to stay in business.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
There might be a few retired folks who need extra work to stay afloat.

It would be interesting for smaller companies to contract them for special work, knowing they have an expertise in a particular background of electronics.

That way you get quality work and help out someone here at home. If they already have an income, but fall short each month, they should be able to contract at a fair price.

Why waist a qualified older individual able to stay in the workforce. Just cause your old doesn't mean your dead.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Some members may need to keep there minds busy.

This will be a on going thread so we don 't forget.

I did drop my keyboard .

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Some members may need to keep there minds busy.

This will be a on going thread so we don 't forget.

I did drop my keyboard .
You've been dropping your keyboard an awful lot lately, Loosie. Do we need to come over to your house and duct tape it to your desk? :D:p