True oximoron....giant shrimp. 300mm long!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Its a B.P. special ,they say by helicoper at a 200 feet the coast looks

good,it when you walk the beach. That could be crodad,they serve them at

New orleans,a river verion of crawfish.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
and their gonna wipe out the gulf pinks. :( This is very bad news and just another sign of global warming and animals migrating further north then ever.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
There just tiger shrimp, you eat them at the resturant almost everytime you go. Unless you eating Gulf pinks, your eating hondura tigers, or another tiger shrimp from the carrabean. We've never seen em here in FL and their population is exploding. Unfortunetly their primary diet is smaller shrimp which is our native Gulf Pink.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I grew up eating gulf pinks. There's just nothing else like them. There were already becomming scarce on the market.
Brownout do you remember the days you could go fishing on a bridge in FL and see the shrimp boats dreging up the grass beds for em. Well all the shrimp scatter into the tide which come under the bridge. When we were kids we just sit with a flashlight and net and scoop em up all night. By the end of the night we'd have a couple lb's. Now you go out you may see a couple go by but not enough to try catching em. You hit em wiht a flash light and like frogs and alligators their eyes glow. So you just look for to dots in the water and scoop em up.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Brownout do you remember the days you could go fishing on a bridge in FL and see the shrimp boats dreging up the grass beds for em. Well all the shrimp scatter into the tide which come under the bridge. When we were kids we just sit with a flashlight and net and scoop em up all night. By the end of the night we'd have a couple lb's. Now you go out you may see a couple go by but not enough to try catching em. You hit em wiht a flash light and like frogs and alligators their eyes glow. So you just look for to dots in the water and scoop em up.
Hi Maxpower, those are great stories. Unfortunately, I didn't live on the coast, but we would go for long weekends and such. I've heard stories of people netting shrimp, and my neighbor had a boat he would use for dreging. But I do remember the seafood resturants serving wonderful gulf shrimp, and I can't get it much anymore. Last October, I was in Dauphin Island, at the outskirts of Mobile Bay and was able to dine on fresh gulf pinks for the first time in many many years. I haven't thought about much of anything else since.