Now that we have this wild and crazy group of members,
do you feel able to express your self.What Is the code of a
Moderator.Is there a unwritten code. What makes a good
Moderator effective. Are there any active Moderators
still posting.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We will see,like I say the forum has changed alot..
Every one wants to participate more In all ways.
Time In ticking on all of us.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
A moderator off duty is the same as one on, they're allowed to post their own ideas and comment in any manner they see fit. They only moderate to avoid fighting. Basically a moderator is nothing more than the network in an amplifier circuit that prevents oscillation.

Meaningful amplification and careful avoidance of noise is always the goal. Stable gain to the system as a whole is the function of a moderator. If gain can't be achieved, go for stability.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
No, a moderators opinion's has nothing to do with their reaction in a case which requires them to be a moderator. It's two separate responses in the same person, there are rules the forum requires to be met, which much be done professionally regardless of the persons opinion.

If this system fails, the rules themselves are at fault. Balance CAN be had if the temperament of the people and the rules themselves can be met. If this can NOT be met then it's a failure of the managment of the system itself.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I must disagree with you once again.

Having spent time on this and other forums, some moderators will let things develop more before intervening. This is an option that the amp in an osc doesn't just have.

The amp will act regardless. A moderator can decide when to act and how to act.

You can lock a thread, or request more info, or slap hands, or ban.

So depending on the actions PERCEIVED by the moderator, which is a base of opinion, relates to the action taken.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
So depending on the actions PERCEIVED by the moderator, which is a base of opinion, relates to the action taken.
Agreed. However, when you take action, someone will get upset and you can't be "friends" with everyone. Sometimes those you upset will seek out a reversal from those higher than you in the scheme of things. There are numerous urinating contests on other forums.

So far, this forum has worked well. What the future holds remains to be seen. All the moderators have done a fine job and deserve our thanks ... even when we may disagree with their decisions.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Yep, I'm square, it's who and what I am. It is very hip to be square.
oh no!
I have unwittingly degraded this thread (an important one about moderators) and turned it into a parallel to Retched's Weird Al Yankovic
infatuation with the inclusion of a Freudian slip of my unconscience referencing to a Huey Lewis and the News song (Hip to be Square).
Weird Al and Huey Lewis are both fantastic musicians that have used interesting vehicles to promote successful commercial endeavors.

It is great that we have been given this topic (off topic) to voice inane thoughts without too much supervision.
It keeps us from ruining more important discussion threads.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
oh no!
I have unwittingly degraded this thread (an important one about moderators) and turned it into a parallel to Retched's Weird Al Yankovic
infatuation with the inclusion of a Freudian slip of my unconscience referencing to a Huey Lewis and the News song (Hip to be Square).
Weird Al and Huey Lewis are both fantastic musicians that have used interesting vehicles to promote successful commercial endeavors.

It is great that we have been given this topic (off topic) to voice inane thoughts without too much supervision.
It keeps us from ruining more important discussion threads.

Thats right! I have always considered loosewire the 'anti-moderator'.

It is pretty much him alone that makes this all possible. ;)

As for my Weird Al infatuation, you would too be infatuated if you let go and let the weird take ahold. ;)

I have seen him 10 years ago at the Kings Dominion Amphitheater in VA, and then Saturday at the Warner theater in DC.

Freekin awesome.. Who else would fill the stage with 15 FULLY costumed starwars characters (Mostly stormtroopers, but also Vader, and sand men)
While performing "Yoda" (To the sounds of "LOLA") and "The Saga Begins" (Performed to "American Pie" "May be Vader one day later, but for now a nice guy. Left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye sayin 'Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi...Soon I'm gonna be a JEDI.'. ;) )

AWESOME!$!@%@#!@#%!@#%!%@#!#%!#!@!!!

Loved it.

And for a side note, Me and my brother used to make videos of us playing Huey Lewis and Tears for Fears songs on Lacrosse sticks while we lipsynched along. Videos are available on my Merch page. ;)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Thats right! I have always considered loosewire the 'anti-moderator'.

HAHAHAHA HOOOO HOOO ...jeeeeeeeeeeez!!

Oh god!!!!. Don't do that, You nearly killed my keyboard...again.
And for a side note, Me and my brother used to make videos of us playing Huey Lewis and Tears for Fears songs on Lacrosse sticks while we lipsynched along. Videos are available on my Merch page
Show me....Show me....Show me....Show me......:p

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
There Is nothing In any contend that has shown Loosewire's
post to be anything but pro-Moderator.Where this anti-Moderator come
from Is hard to conceive.That where numbers help to show thIs position.
ThIs Forum Is home to Loosewire,I feel great about being here,I bring
a lot to thIs Forum.