Troubleshooting Samsung LCD monitor

TechnoRépare

Joined Apr 25, 2012
Hi,
When I connect my samsung LCD ,the image appears at first and a few seconds later the luminosity drop and the image become so dark we hardly can see it, but the image is still there. So I first tought that the power supply is broken. Also the transfo on the power supply board emits a sound as if there was a shorcut in it;as if it was making electric arc inside.

As the transformer seemed the most suspicious and since I couldn't find the same transfo anywhere I ordered a new power supply.
Now, when I try it again, it does the very same thing.The transfo emits that same sound , the monitor turns on for a few minutes and then the luminosity drops and we can't see anything.

So I remembered that the power supply I bought on ebay was used , but supposedly fully fonctionnal.

My question is: Is it that the power supply I bought have the same problem as the last one, or could it be a problem somewhere else in the monitor?
Because if it is a problem somewhere else I really can't see why would the transfo make that sound. What is other typical problem that a backlight can have if we supposed it is correctly powered?

Thanks!

I will return the boeard to you, can you pay the shipping and send me another one?

Thank you for your fast answer

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Its highly unlikely your new board is faulty. There is probably a fault further on creating an overload situation for the powersupply board.