Tricky circuit analysis

JoyAm

Joined Aug 21, 2014
Then you have too many unknowns. I don't think it can be solved.
I am 100% sure it can be solved since it was in exams in my university some time ago. Let me rephrase what i said in the begining( that ,might help you help me ) The current magnitudes creat an orthogonal triangle since 5^2=4^2+3^2 can this help in finding the angles of the currents? Also if the angle of Vload is d then the angle of i2 will be d-90 since its an inductor

ps (i appreciate you waste your time helping me )

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I am 100% sure it can be solved since it was in exams in my university some time ago. Let me rephrase what i said in the begining( that ,might help you help me ) The current magnitudes creat an orthogonal triangle since 5^2=4^2+3^2 can this help in finding the angles of the currents? Also if the angle of Vload is d then the angle of i2 will be d-90 since its an inductor

ps (i appreciate you waste your time helping me )
Good point about Vload. I said it myself that Vload will be across Zl and Load. You don't actually need to know Load composition. I missed that part because I got too focused on the Load.

Ok. I think I see what you mean about the currents and triangle. By orthogonal triangle do you mean right triangle? One of the angles is 90°? In that case you know one angle and 3 sides of the triangle, you can find the other two angles. So you will have the magnitudes of all the currents and angles of all the currents.

I gotta run. I be back in a few hours.

JoyAm

Joined Aug 21, 2014
Good point about Vload. I said it myself that Vload will be across Zl and Load. You don't actually need to know Load composition. I missed that part because I got too focused on the Load.

Ok. I think I see what you mean about the currents and triangle. By orthogonal triangle do you mean right triangle? One of the angles is 90°? In that case you know one angle and 3 sides of the triangle, you can find the other two angles. So you will have the magnitudes of all the currents and angles of all the currents.

I gotta run. I be back in a few hours.
What do you think about this one ? Is it legit ? What i find myself doubting the most is that i added the differences to the angle of I2 i mean why not substract them since what i can find from the triangle is the absolute difference between the angles of the currentshttp://prntscr.com/8ik7vg