TRIAC issue in Honeywell XL10 FCU Controller

ratheepkrk

Joined Apr 12, 2011
Hello,
I am using Honeywell XL10 controller for controlling the Fan Coil Unit
This controller have a TRIAC to control the open/close function of actuator
Terminal 1 is using for open, Terminal 2 is using for close and gate is using for common but some controllers both terminal have control voltage(24vac) at the same time so the actuator is not controlling
can anyone give a suggestion to how can I solve this issue.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Welcome....

Triac controlling the actuator rather than the fan...are u sure?
The other things u are saying just get's too confusing.

If you can show the device than do it, other wise explain things properly.

It appears the traics are used to control actuators. :)

Room temperature controller for pressure (in)dependent, single/dual duct, VAV units, with built in Microbridge air flow sensor.
For damper for cool air, re-heat peripheral re-heat and fan.
The XL10 controllers support 8 triac outputs. (The maximum load for all triacs together is 400mA.)

Fan output signal 1 triac configurable for on/off or PWM

Re-heat output signal 1..3 triacs configurable for 3-pt, PWM or single/multistage control

Damper output signal 2 triacs for 3-pt control

Auxiliary output signal 1..3 triacs for up to 2 maintained outputs (1 triac each) or up to 1 maintained (1 triac) + pulsed output (2 triacs)
Control functions cooling only, heat/cool change over, cooling/reheat seq. with constant or modulating reheat airflow, cooling /radiator heating seq. with minimum heat, dual duct, dual duct mixed flow; cooling reheat radiator sequence, series/parallel fan, modulating fan

Control functions with 2 controllers dual duct constant volume, dual duct mixed flow, dual duct no flow mixing

Modes of operations occupied, standby, unoccupied, open window, fan fail, summer/winter change over, night purge, morning warm up, smoke purge

Obligatory inputs • 1 analogue input for room temperature sensor NTC20k; or apply additional XL10-module with built in sensor on dedicated input terminals
• airflow

Optional inputs • XL10 wall module input (T7460, T7560-series) with temperature sensor and other functions
• network input for temperature sensor, setpoint adjustment, bypass and other functions
• 1 analogue input for discharge temperature or supply temperature sensor NTC20k
• 3 digital inputs configurable for: window or heat/cool change over or occupancy or status alarm

Stand-alone operation yes
Network operation yes
Bus system LonWorks(R)
LonMark(R) profile 8010
Power supply 24 Vac | 10 VA
Additional description Load per triac 24V~, 25..400mA. The maximum load for all triacs together is 400mA.

:) joe

The Honeywell XL10 allows programming the outputs for a specific application. I did not study the programming guide in depth, and I’m not sure which exact Honeywell XL10 you have, but it appears both cooling contactors (triac outputs) can be energized at the same time, if desired.

I have too many questions, most involve the programming. But for the sake of simplicity, were you able to meter (oscilloscope) the triac gates? What is the part number of the output triacs?

We know either A1 (MT1) or A2 (MT2) connects to the A/C supply, the other connects to the load. We need to know what the gate is doing. If the logic is instructing both cooling triacs to be on simultaneously, it’s not a fault - but a feature.

:) joe