Treadmill (Profom 770 EKG) runs at full speed then stops

ichudov

Joined Aug 13, 2014
I have a treadmill Proform 770 EKG. It has a MC60 controller board.

It powers up fine and boots up.

If I select any speed, for example 2 MPH, and press START, instead of 2 MPH it runs at full speed.

Pressing STOP button does not help, it keeps going.

After a minute or less of running, it used to stop running by itself.

Now it no longer stops running at all and the treadmill needs to be disconnected with the main power switch.

Please note that the speed sensor appears to be working correctly throughout, as actual running speed is displayed.

I spent a while troubleshooting this, looking at speed controller, LWH terminals for the potentiometer input etc and I cannot make up my mind as to what could cause such errant behavior and refusal to stop.

I am eternally grateful to the gentle folks here who would have some words of wisdom for me. I would like to troubleshoot it and isolate the problem.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You need a schematic of that PCB, if its going into full speed it will be the pwm motor driver transistor or controller,reverse engineer the motor drive.

ichudov

Joined Aug 13, 2014
Thank you VERY much guys. Your comment about opto coupler makes a lot of sense. I will try to risk and get a new SCR controller. Thanks

ichudov

Joined Aug 13, 2014
Well, replacing the motor controller with a new one fixed the problem. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions!!!