treadmill incline motor

mpjackso

Joined Mar 14, 2011
The motor just hums, and it has a 10uf 260vac 2x330v capacitor. The cap has 5 terminals. The up/down rocker switch supplies 120vac to one or the other terminals that share a common neutral. One cap measures good, the other bad. I've had no success locating a replacement cap. Any ideas for sources for replacement caps, or substitution configurations?

Hifi Dave

Joined May 11, 2011
I havethe same problem...what kind of treadmill do you have....mine is a Healthrider 550i (one of many brands made by Icon.....Are there multiple caps in that assembly? I thought there are 2-10 mfd caps but I don't know the configuration either.

mpjackso

Joined Mar 14, 2011
I finally got around to digging a little deeper into the issue of the incline motor humming but not running. I had scrounged an 8uf cap from a junk fan motor, and thought I would connect it just to see what happened. In the process of removing the old cap, (unsoldering from the circuit board), and checking point to point for board integrity with a meter, I discovered a bad connection of one of the motor coils to its solder point on the board. After repairing that, I checked the old cap with my meter (using the Capacitance function). The cap was in fact OK. I reconnected it to the board, applied power, and the motor ran fine in both directions.

mpjackso

Joined Mar 14, 2011
Hello, HiFi Dave,
The cap on my incline motor was mounted to a circuit board by 5 solder tabs. The markings on the cap made me think it was a double. It was not a double 10uf cap. The markings must have referred to the mounting configuration. It was just a single 10uf 330vac capacitor. The circuit board was physically mounted on the incline motor.