Treadmill Control Board Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Repair' started by MikeLeon, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MikeLeon

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Hi, I am new to this site and don't know much about circuits. I have a treadmill control board here is the part number 032671-HF you can look it up online and see it if that helps. Anyways I was told by the treadmill company that I should replace it. However it cost way to much for me. I was wondering if their was anything i could do to see what the problem is. It stopped working after a shock when I connected a device to the mp3. however the lights on the board still work.

Is their anyway to check what the problem could be and fix it without buying a whole new board? Or is the whole thing just impossible or too expensive to fix?

I appreciate it any help Thanks!

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Do you have a link to the schematic?
    This is really need to effect any repair, unless something shows as blown just by the condition, but it sounds like you zapped some smaller component that is not obvious.
    It appears to be an Horizon by make?
    Max.

3. IamJatinah

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi There, if you still need this fixed, I can help. This is the Horizon 2.5hp dc motor control board, with on-board PIC chip. The unit will not power up outside of a treadmill and it's interconnections. Our shop has invented a treadmill analyzer for this style of control board, as well as feedback boards to simulate connections inside a working tread, to repair and refurbish these. Message me thru this site if you need assistance ;o)

4. Lundwall_Paul

Oct 18, 2011
    I can't help you without symptoms and a schematic. I could not find a schematic on line. But I saw on Amazon that these run $209 and EBay as low as $118. Good luck.

5. IamJatinah

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi Fellas, Yep, the cheapest you will find this is 209 and that is due to Horizon pricing schemes. I worked for them for a few years as an electronics designer/engineering technician. I know this unit inside and out ;o) I drew much of this unit out, as even we werent given schematics to releases produced before joining the company, and even today, they require outside electronics help on a constant basis. Anyway, the units on eBay may work, but if the main capacitors(usually 3 grouped together) are not replaced during repairs/refurb, your estimated lifetime along with heavy load situations will suffer in lack of performance. We repair these for 75 all day long. Message me if you are interested, and I can even get an advanced exchanged ready to ease your wait and simply refurb your core unit. Good Luck! ;o)

BeeZim and Lundwall_Paul like this.
  6. IamJatinah

Oct 22, 2014
    Just a follow-up...the schematic for this unit still resides in my head, until I get time to redraw it, but you folks are welcome to pick brains until I get this one finished. I also have schemos for other Johnson Brands if you folks need them or have questions, I am all ears....and the support is there for the taking ;o)

7. Treadlightly

Dec 18, 2015
    Hello Jatinah.

I have recently come into a Horizon T605 (With the SZTM116MCB) that I was hoping to use for my physical therapy needs. The treadmill motor didn't function, but angle did. I popped it open (after it popped a 15A circuit upon plugging it in), and saw that it literally blew the NTC off the board.

I have some theory and basics down- but I went into software decades ago and until recently, never looked back. This beast is a bit much for me to attempt to tackle without schematics (and likely assistance). I didn't want to open a new thread to directly ask you if you happened to get to the point of having schematics for these.. if nothing else, at least part approximations could be useful- since the board is charred and at the very least, I can't tell what the NTC /was/. I'm sure there is plenty more to probe and repair- but I sure am not spending $200 on an income of "whatever I sell". :)

Thank you!

8. abruneau

Feb 10, 2016
    Hi. I have a Johnson Fitness JDYF02L REVg board that needs repair. Power goes to the board and the console however when I try to start the treadmill the relays click but do not start the motor. "102" shows up on the console. The treadmill is a Horizon Elite 2.2T. Any suggestions?

9. IamJatinah

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi There....thanks for your question! This is a common controller, and a common failure mode for it. This is Horizon Part number 032669 and 032671 and screened JDYF02. The relays clicking is a good sign the upper electronics are working, and I suspect the main FET, Q4 has died or shorted. These units are a bit tuff to troubleshoot as they require feedbacks to test correctly. If you have a meter, check Q4 and D4 for issues. You can also email gregATbuyfitnessrepairpartsDOTcom for more help, as they repair and refurbish these and many other styles of treadmill motor control boards. Good Luck!

10. airwyke15

Jul 7, 2016

Do you do repairs?

11. IamJatinah

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi There ... yes.... you can reach me at jatinahATrocketmailDOTcom

12. eKretz

Apr 21, 2013
    Check for a failed rectifier and any other components in the circuit with its outputs and inputs. Usually this includes the NTC thermistor - which is used to limit inrush current. This is a common failure mode with several motor controllers I've repaired.

IamJatinah likes this.
  13. IamJatinah

Oct 22, 2014
    This particular unit was indeed a fried rectifier, which of course, flamed the PTC out, which does get "strapped out" of the motor rail circuit after a 1-second precharge timeout during normal operations. ;o)