Travelling

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GreatG, Jun 1, 2012.

1. GreatG

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Hi everyone,

I am new here so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place/off any topic.This is a very helpful forum and I love reading through the various threads.

I was wondering if anyone has any recent travel experiences with a ferry? I have a fear of flying and I would love to visit France over the Diamond Jubilee Holidays.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share? Also do you have any suggestions for where to book from? Are walk-in travel agents best or any comparison sites?

I just want to find a good deal if I decide to be brave :)

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. TomRich

Jun 1, 2012
    I used to have a fear of flying,over the years has got a bit better but I still avoid it when I can (for example you cant drive or go by boat to New Zealand, well I guess you could but it would take a very long time).
    We recentyl booked our tickets to France by Ferry simply because of the price, I could have paid £110 per person to get there instead I chose the most practical way of getting there with my car and only paid arroundm £30.
    Some things that you will need to consider before going sich as Nausea, do you get sea-sick? The ride only lasts a couple of hours so if you to get as near to the middle part of the boat, I have found , it helps. There are also tablets you can get for this.
    Also please do make sure you have your passports in date otherwise they will not let you travel. My wife though a birth certificate was sufficient for our daughter, but I did well double checking that as it wasnt'! Where in France are you looking at going?
    We are visiting a friend who lives in Etaples so the port of Calais works great for us. I havent got a great experiance in this field, however I am happy to recomment this company http://www.aferry.co.uk/ferry-to-france-ferries-uk.htm as never had a problem with them and the call centre has always been polite and helpful.
    I hope this helps and happy holidays!