Transmitting PHONE LED (Flash) with certain frequency?

dooddyman

Joined Nov 5, 2013
Hello everyone!

I have started a project making an electrical security system. I was thinking one way to "Unlock" the security lock is to shine phone's flash with certain frequency and it will unlock that particular lock.

To achieve this, I was thinking of just using IR transmitting and receiving techniques, however I realized it cannot be done when I start introducing a certain pattern of flash.

I am currently fiddling with a PIC trial and erroring the ways this system could come to life.

Do you have any suggestions I could take? any advises will be appreciated!

Thank you

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
One idea comes to my mind is the remote controls for TV and DVD player that we have plenty lying around collecting dust. The philips RC are well documented and you can work backwards decoding the codes and see what they are.

Another way is to build from scratch an IR remote transmitter and receiver. Here is my favourite link for the RC remote project and how it works. The security project using combination lock is also there.... Take a look

peter's DIY projects

Allen

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...however I realized it cannot be done when I start introducing a certain pattern of flash....
Why not?

I don't think you can use the camera flash, although I could be wrong on that, but you should have no problem flashing the screen with a pattern - code - of your choosing.