Transmitting Data to and from embedded device

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by TheRoman, Sep 15, 2010.

1. TheRoman

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi,

I'm wanting to transmit data ( pictures ), from an embedded device back to my PC and from my PC back to the device at ~50metres, was wondering what the best technology would be to use, was looking for something which wouldnt be to expensive.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ice-Tea

Sep 13, 2010
    Speed requirements? If that doesn't matter RS-422 is probably a good candidate.

3. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    What kind of signal does this embedded device normally output?

4. TheRoman

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for your responses, from reading about the RS-422 this is a line driver transceiver, is this correct? I'm looking for a wireless solution, from what i have been reading it doesn't seem wireless.

What kind of signal does this embedded device normally output? I'm not completely sure, I’m kind of just getting lots of ideas together and trying to make sense of everything.

Thanks

5. TheRoman

Jul 22, 2010
    Do you know of any cheap bluetooth development kits that are out there? I think this would be a good solution.

Thanks

6. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    Gotta' know what source of the picture source is in. There are quite a few remote products for extending data, things that pass HDMI remotely may come close but theyll output in that format.

I mane, have you something like a USB port out you're wanting to extend? You'll need something that can take a compatible input and put out something that's compatible with your PC.

Bluetooth dvelopment kits? I'm sure there are a few items in fairly raw format but that's just a radio transceiver setup and a low range one at that. You might look through http://www.maxim-ic.com as well as the various RF chip makers websites.

TheRoman likes this.