transmitter

h.z

Joined Nov 27, 2010
i bought a transmitter module and a voltage-to-frequency(V/F) converter. so do i still need a frequency generator for transmission the data?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It depends. There are thousands of transmitter modules and thousands of ways to use them.

What do you want to transmit?

And what are you transmitting TO? Do you have a receiver?

h.z

Joined Nov 27, 2010
i want to build a wireless system to monitor air pressure. the output from pressure sensor is voltage. so i thought i want to convert the output voltage to frequency by using TC9400 voltage-to-frequency(V/F) converter. then transmit the frequency using a FM transmitter modules. so how?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You would be better off using a micro controller to convert the pressure reading from the sensor using a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). Then transmit the digital data using a serial protocol.

On the receiver end, another micro controller will display the results from the ADC on a display.

Your coding on the receiver micro controller can convert the digital result to PSI.

If 2.5v = 30psi, the first micro will convert that to say a number=512.

The 512 is transmitted to the receiver via a binary serial protocol over the FM band

The receiver will receive the 512 A look-up table tells it that 512=2.5 that equals 30psi.

The micro then displays it or records it, or both.

ACTUALLY, you could just convert it to PSI in the first micro and transmit that.