Translating my CV to English

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by EngIntoHW, Sep 1, 2010.

1. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi,

I was asked by a company to translate my CV to English, and send it to them.

I translated the CV to English, however as English isn't my first language, I'd appreciate it if someone here could privately review it.

Moreover, there was something I didn't manage to translate to English and would like to get assitance.

Thanks fellows :)

2. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    What version of English? American English, Canadian English or English English?

3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I would be happy to look at it for American English. Be aware there are also certain formats to follow. Does the company have a recommended format? Many companies ask for a resume, not a CV. Is it for an academic position? Some formats divide and classify publications differently than other formats do. If you don't have a guide, be sure to distinguish clearly abstracts, primary publications, and books and reviews from each other.

John

EngIntoHW likes this.
  4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Have you tried google translate on the more difficult sentences? That can often get you pretty close to the right sentence structure. Some massaging may be needed to clarify if the resulting translation is vague.

hgmjr

EngIntoHW likes this.